Followers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day

Ginger, my heart 




Chip, CEO of Dachshund Security

Anna Rose I, the love of Geoff's life

The Thai Master!







































































Today, Blogville is pawticipating in Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day.  We have posted photos of our beloved angels, Ginger, Chip, Thai and Anna Rose, all of whom we lost in the last three years (Ginger, Thai and Anna within six months of each other)  While our hearts still mourn, we can recall all that they gave us and how they each and together improved our mundane lives.  

Ginger was my very first dachshund, and my heart.  Her sudden death tore me apart and it took over two weeks time before I wa able to come to grips with her absence. Thai followed her six weeks later due to congestive heart failure.  His loss, while not unexpected due to his numerous health issues, dealt another blow to a grieving family. Anna Rose's death was devastating- we knew from the start of her reign over us, that her time was limited- at most two years due to her kidney stones.  She ruled over Geoff with a long fur covered paw for one year and two days, succumbing to the blood clot on her heart that prevented her from breathing normally and causing her to undergo numerous seizures that took away the Anna that we knew and loved. Chip left us last year, my tough guy and shadow- he was too afraid of the outside world and could no longer cope with the love we gave him.  I still hate myself for having to put him down, for I failed him and I always will know that I did.

   





12 comments:

Noodles said...

What a lovely heartfelt tribute to your furbabies.I can feel the love all around.
Love Noodles

Two French Bulldogs said...

Aahhh. We will always keep our furry kids close in our hearts
Lily & Edward

Deb Barnes said...

I am so sorry for the deep pain of your loss. Having to let them go under those types of circumstances can be so very difficult. Our heart goes out to you - thank you so much for participating in Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day - xoxo from Mr. Jazz, Deb, Purr Prints of the Heart and the Zee/Zoey Gang

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Thinking of you on this difficult day. Hug.

pilch92 said...

Nice tribute to the beautiful souls you had the honor of loving.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

All the good memories of our furbabies will keep them alive in our hearts forever.

Little Miss Titch said...

all our angels are missed,xx Rachel

easyweimaraner said...

I wish I could kiss your beautiful Ginger on her nose... they have always a place in our heart and in our memory and even with tears in my eyes I'm grateful that I saw so much beloved friends today :o)

Millie and Walter said...

Such a lovely tribute to your Rainbow Bridge Angels.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Thanks fur sharing your wonderful long ones with us all
Timmy

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Purrs to you on this day of remembrance.

How Sam Sees It said...

Beautiful post. Our Sam passed away two years ago on 9/20 - we held off doing a post for this to have a special post for Sam. It still hurts us, even after all this time has passed.

Monty and Harlow