Followers

Friday, November 6, 2009

My lovable dachsies

Today I had the first of three bilateral facet joint shots in my lower spine. The intake took four times longer than the procedure itself. When Geoff arrived to take me to South Pointe Hospital, there was a mad rush by my dachsies for the front door- they knew that we were "going car" and did not want to miss out on this adventure. Sadly, hospitals in Ohio do not allow dachsies in with their stafff for visits.

The procedure was relatively successful- reduction in arthritic pain and pain in my herniated discs. Upon our return home, Chip did his wonderful homecoming dance- jumping as high as he can to reach my face to lick it. I swear- he must be a high jumper. He and Ginger "helped me get into my nightgown, and I have been surrounded by them since that time. What a great way to recover from anything!!!!

1 comment:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh yes!! We dachshunds do make marvelous doctors. Glad that your treatment went well.